Friday, August 22, 2008

Camping, hiking, and biking

Four other trips and outings for this summer included a fun, girl hike on the Sourdough trail in RMNP with my friend Karen - an attempt at the Little Matterhorn, a trip to Buena Vista where I got to enjoy a cool, flower and aspen tree ride on Kenosha Pass, hike beautiful Mt. Missouri, enjoy some rainy tent camping, followed by a foggy, mystical attempt up the climber's route on Mt. Massive. Last weekend - another rainy weekend, had an awesome fall-like bike ride with a new friend Shane up Dadd Gulch complete with topo map exploring and views of snowy peaks! And this week spotting a young bear happily scratching his back against a telephone pole not far from where I live. Another trip to Leadville hiking Mt. Massive, enjoying a moonlight and headlamp lit hike to treeline where the morning sunlight started taking over.

And this week - preparing for school Monday. Working on my downstairs bathroom. Not wanting the summer to be over. Looking forward to our WWR team bbq Saturday. One more race to be had.

I would *still* like to make it up Long's Peak this summer/fall. Would still like to get up on top of the Little Matterhorn. Want to enjoy more camping. Pups and I want to swim. If only there were more days. Once again, how a good summer should be - wanting more :)

Aaron and I got in our year long quest to make a trip to Water World where we had an awesome day sliding down way too crazy slides and I satisfied my screaming quota for the year. Getting that tickling stomach feeling sliding over the edge. And enjoying a nice dinner in Denver at the Paramount Cafe.

Looking forward to a visit from my friend Boris over Labor Day, if he can make it out.

Making new friends and contemplating life directions. A nice summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its neat to get to see a bear. And I'm glad you are getting in some good biking. Good luck next week!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Derek :) I'm excited to see what school is going to be like - a little nervous too. Hope you're enjoying your first days in N.C.! ttys